24.3.09

I've Seen Things You People Wouldn't Believe

My Father Turns 58 Tomorrow.


My Dad and I have been best friends since before I was born. I know this because he always references and reminds me of things that happened or shows he watched long before I was conceived, so we've been hanging out for a LONG time, since Howdy Doody was on television AT LEAST. See, he knew I was coming so he saved up all these random and sometimes interesting facts about generally everything but with a particular focus on entertainment, the arts and media. He went ahead and built up this wealth of information so that every time we hang out he can turn and smack me on the arm to get my attention so that he might feed me some more fun facts.
I'm pretty sure he started picking me up albums and taping stuff off tv for me before I could talk. There are pictures of me as a toddler eating a block of cheese (my mother's influence) and rocking out to his stereo with headphones on and snot all over my sleeves.
I was really supportive of my Dad's creative endeavors, he created some bed time stories for me surrounding a cat named Mushi and a dog named Bartholomew, we also co-wrote what could have been a breakaway pop hit involving peeing and brushing your teeth.
I have a lot to credit my Father with: I know most Bob Dylan and Neil Young songs, I've seen Blade Runner 3251561231 times, I also have seen most Arnold Schwarzenegger films before he started making bad comedies and family films, I have seen Tori Amos 2x in concert, I have seen most Monty Python and Peter Sellers films, I have read "The Odyssey" and know how to cook a badass steak on the bbq. The list goes on forever.
So I've written this post as an homage or a tribute to my paw, Rob (which incidentally was one of my first words) so that any passerby on the internerd can know how radtacularlyfabuawesome my father is and turn green with envy and curse God for their own drab boring uneventful non-creative parents.
I post this youtube video in dedication to the rapturous life changing event that is my Dad's birthday.


BFF'S

No comments:

Post a Comment