21.3.09

I'm Not In Love No No

Today Sarah and I went to see "I Love You Man" with Jason Segel and Paul Rudd. I thought this movie would make me expire from ecstasy because it features two of my favorite boyfriends being boyfriends to one another. But no, I was maybe mildly entertained by what I thought was going to be a three ring circus extraordinaire of hilarity. This film has all the outward appearances of a Judd Apatow movie in its cast and subject matter but DO NOT BE FOOLED. (Sigh, to think of what HE could have done with this film) There were some other Apatowesque movies made in the last year by different directors, such as "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" and "Role Models";those films actually made me LOL in the theaters as I sat alone (that's another story). I'm going to go ahead and blame the writers of "I Love You Man" because "Role Models" was written by Paul Rudd and "Sarah Marshall" was written by Jason Segel so it is clear that these two actors perform best in their own jokes and not this stiffly written crap.
Aright, I feel although I'm being a little hard on Director/Writer John Hamburg. Sarah and I did let out some giggles throughout the movie but neither my cheeks nor my abs hurt and I feel unsatisfied if a comedy hurts none of my extremities.This film hurt my heart instead. I mean it featured Andy Samberg and he was NOT funny, he could have been played by anyone. Writing a script that makes Andy Samberg not funny is sacrilege in my books...Geez.
It was almost worth it to see Jason Segel in ugg boots and for Paul Rudd "slappin the bass" but there was just too much of Rudd's character trying in vain to come up with catch phrases,Common! you can only milk a joke so many times!
The only reason I would watch this movie again is for the gag reel in the special features because I can imagine that shit would be hilarious. I will definitely NOT be purchasing this film, not even for cheap previously viewed prices at Rogers Video.

I still have love for Paul and Jason though, you're my boos.

No comments:

Post a Comment