4.4.09

Dear Dreamworks you make for a good Saturday afternoon

Sarah and I filled ourselves with coffee (Sarah) and Bellinis (me) and went to see Monsters Vs. Aliens. What I like about Dreamworks movies is that they are short, thrilling and forgettable. It's nice to sit and enjoy a lack of thought or brain activity and just giggle as you stuff another milk dud, skittle, sour patch kid etc. into your mouth. It's the only time I can handle they old lady cackling behind me and the massive group of kids whispering and turning about in their seats...I don't feel like I'm going to miss anything.
I also very much enjoy playing "Guess that actor" as I try and envision the celebrity line up they have voicing the films. This time I guessed Rogen, Witherspoon, Arnet, Rudd and Colbert correctly. I was pretty impressed with myself.
Rogen as B.O.B definitely was the most hilarious and I'm glad that humor in kids movies is a little homosexual in nature these days, that should mean something should it not? I mean we all knew Gaston in Beauty and the Beast was quite a Mo and Jafar from Aladdin was a little too similar to Dr. Frankenfurter from Rocky Horror but they never made the gayness so explicit. What can I say? I'm pleased.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious as to where you filled yourself with bellinis and why you haven't done that with me in ages. Jill (2) and I had apple rum slurpees at the lake on Tuesday night and it reminded me of our good old days for sure.
    Also, I want to see that movie of course.
    -M

    ReplyDelete