17.5.09

Set Tasers to Steal My Heart


It was a long hard road full of many limb snapping, lung failing obstacles but I finally made it out to see STAR TREK. I feel this title deserves caps locks because it was just that fucking awesome. I am a big J.J Abrams lover, professionally and personally (what a steamy nerdy manboy). I was sucked into Alias, foolishly thinking I could "just try it once" and I am currently plundering the every so alluring landscapes of Lost so I had big expectations going into this movie. IT WAS SO MUCH MORE THAN I HAD ANTICIPATED. I was expecting awesome visual effects and suspense which J.J is a master of. But I was pleasantly surprised by 1. HOW FUNNY IT WAS! and 2. the character development. I am no Star Trek aficionado or even a fan but I loved the development of the character of Spock and his human/Vulcan dual identity. Zachary Quinto is amazing at using his eyebrows, utterly mystifying. I don't really want to talk about the funny bits because then it will ruin the surprise and you wont be as tickled as I was. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone in particular, I would recommend it for everyone, its got a little something for everybody i.e sexy people, funny moments, sexy moments, action moments, scary moments, intense moments, ugly people, aliens, genocide, fighting, fencing, spaceships, muscles, motorcycles, Beastie Boys, giant red balls etc. I know I am enjoying a movie when I begin to lean forward in my seat and in this movie my face was smothered in the hair of the two women in front of me as I breathed Pepsi/Rootbeer all over them.
Essentially I looked like this guy
---->


4 comments:

  1. Awesome I am so much more excited to see it now!!

    Do you watch Heroes???

    Heart Zachary Quinto!!

    - Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're hilarious!!!!

    i just love quinto's eyebrows... they're an entity all of their own!!!

    and chris pine has long dreamy eye lashes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes the movie sound so rad....boy do I ever dislike hype.

    What to do now!!!!

    BTW, Beastie Boys????? Even in the Star Trek future? Hrrrrrmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's set PHASERS to stun, g-money.
    awwwwwwwwwww snap.

    ReplyDelete