13.10.10

An eye for an ear, right?



I went to see "Let Me In", for a review of this movie please refer to my earlier review of "Let the Right One In" since they are EXACTLY the same.
http://cquilty.blogspot.com/2009/02/let-right-one-in.html
The original is still far superior but they did a damn fine job of copy and pasting the entire film, though somehow in the process some of the atmosphere was still lost.
I was sad to see the cat scene go, and I didn't like the c.g'd Abbey climbing and jumping, she just looked like Gollum.


I've also been checking out the film series that runs every Wednesday night. I usually had to miss these movies due to class but I am a liberated girl now so I piled in with all of Chilliwack's senior citizens to catch the weekly movies. Last week was "The Kids Are All Right". I will watch anything with Julianne Moore so I was down to watch her as 1/2 of lesbian couple rearing two children who are curious about their sperm donor dad (played by the always dreamy, Mark Ruffalo). This movie was especially naughty with lots of cussing and lesbian encounters so I was pretty tickled to see the haughty Chilliwack society slowly exiting the film. Lesbians, BOO!
The movie was actually pretty funny and charming. The cast was astounding but I did have a few issues with the plot. Some of the consequences just didn't match with the acts themselves, things went from light to downright depressing pretty quick and I felt mostly confused. Julianne Moore's North Carolina accent seemed to be slipping in quite a bit making her even more adorable than usual. I never have seen such an impressive cluster of mouth breathers in one film either. Close your damn mouth people! (I'm looking at you Ruffalo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment